... making an omelette

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It has begun...

Got my offer letter from supermegalawfirm. Haven't actually read it yet, but I did look at the dress code. I have to wear a suit every day. Gak. I'll be keeping those jeans and workboots in the car a lot...

They think I'm starting two weeks before my current job wants to let me go... Boy, will they be surprised. Which "they" I haven't decided yet...

Wow. It's a fairly significant raise... Then it hits me. Wow.

Into the unknown.

Did not hear from ms. prospective cancer, despite leaving messages. Not cool.

20some cases today, in court until after 5. Tomorrow has almost 30 cases. Gonna suck. Impending jury trials in huge numbers. Glad to be leaving that place already...

4 Comments:

  • Congratulations...

    I can't believe I was headed down this road only 4 months ago...

    significant raise eh? you should take me shopping..

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/20/2006 02:53:00 PM  

  • What road?

    Why would I take you shopping?

    I was out with some other attorneys (prosecutors and defense attorneys) earlier tonight and a state trooper came up in a miniskirt and tight... you get the point, and she asked the guy next to me why his client was appealing a case, and his jaw dropped -- he didn't recognize her. His line: "Who are you and why are you talking to me?" I laughed my ass off. I asked her if I needed to move so she could slap him. She said yes, then left. Good times.

    I was teaching the same guy the trick of getting a woman's cell phone number by asking to see her phone and then calling yourself, and as he was doing it his wife called. Bad mojo there... BAAAAAAD MOJO...

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/20/2006 06:26:00 PM  

  • Why are you teaching married guys how to pick up women?

    By Blogger PinkBunny, at 4/20/2006 10:46:00 PM  

  • Entertainment...?

    Actually, I didn't know he was married until he told me his wife was calling him. What the hell was he thinking...? Getting married? How stupid is that!??!?

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/21/2006 03:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home