... making an omelette

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Well, today sucked...

Got my shit pushed in in front of a jury today. For some reason my client thought he knew what he was doing better than me, and blew off a two misdemeanor offer so that he could plead guilty to a felony and two misdemeanors after having his best friend call him a violent alcoholic who threatens people and drinks before 11 am, and was probably looking to hurt someone on the day in question. I would have taken the plea, or at least gone to the jury without any additional evidence after the motion to strike, personally. Now he MAY be 2 points over Schedule B, or 1 point under, depending on when he got served and whether he was on bond for other charges yet.

I haven't won a case in 14 months. In fact, I don't think anyone stationed in my jurisdiction has. I'm pretty good at what I do, but our public defender clients just suck, and in a jurisdiction where they'll indict a ham sandwich, that doesn't work out too well. It doesn't help that we're outnumbered 3-1 by prosecutors getting paid 2x as much, and everyone leaves our office for theirs, and they have 4 times as much staff, and offices in the courthouse... It's pretty demoralizing, and I'm ready to move on. My problem is I'd like a new job before I quit or get myself fired, but my patience is wearing out. More there soon, methinks.

Been dicking around lately looking for new blogs to haunt.

This one is some fucked up shit... All I could say was "wow" and give some advice.
She's kept me mildly entertained. She needs to learn some things about hockey though...
wtf?

I recently found posts suggesting 26 new episodes of Futurama (the cartoon). My life is complete. I can go die now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home