... making an omelette

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Blog insanity

I'm having seeeeerious insomnia. Too many things on my mind.

So, because I ain't sleeping, I've just been surfing the blogosphere. There are some cool sites, and some absolute shit out there. There's also some freaky-ass scary crap. This much I have noticed: everyone is trying to increase his or her traffic. There are all kinds of spams to people's sites saying some permutation of "great site, come see mine..."

There're also some fairly serious breeches of ettiqutte. Serious bad spelling, grammar, blogs just to sell things.

This is odd.
wtf?

This was amusing for a minute or so...

I personally prefer seeing the senators "bitch-slapped."
Brodeur is the greatest goalie ever, and this guy needs to respect his Authori-tie.
You just need to know this exists

For a while there I was running across only "unrequited lovesites." All I can say is "wow" and:
This lady needs help.
This one a little less so.

A lot of brand brand new blogs, like, started this month... or today even.

This week I re-discovered a lot of bands I stopped listening to a long time ago, in part as a result of my bizarre weekend last week. Still trying to sort that one out.
Listening to the Descendents really brings me back, though they put out a new album during law school and I saw them on tour then. The sone Jean is Dead is probably one of the most powerful punk songs I've ever heard.

I think Citizen fish will be next for rediscovery.

Full metal alchemist is pretty bizarre. So is stand alone complex.

18 Comments:

  • haha, i just read your comment on my thing. i found it entertaining, and don't worry, i'm not offended at all. actually, i agree. my own words seem a bit too obsessive for my liking, however, fortunately, I am not as insane as I seem on my blog. or maybe i am... you never can know with the internet...

    By Blogger sly, at 3/26/2006 08:08:00 PM  

  • Fixated. Not insane, fixated. If you read this blog I've had that problem before too, but you're actually planning for an event, and if that event doesn't live up to your expectations, it's going to be rough.

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 3/27/2006 02:28:00 AM  

  • I would like to mention that I watched every single full metal alchemist cartoon in the span of... I'd say... 3 days.

    Procrastination is addictive...

    It gave me weird dreams.

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/15/2006 10:34:00 PM  

  • There's a card game for it that I don't play. I don't really like the show much. It was on, and I was insomniac-ing... Like now, actually...

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/15/2006 11:06:00 PM  

  • no no, you have to watch it from beginning to end.

    It was pretty addicting. Helped me from studying for my anatomy final.

    jumping into it in the middle would not be... can't think of a word to stick here - you make one up

    the card game is for losers - the only cards i plag have numbers on them or KQJ...

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/15/2006 11:30:00 PM  

  • VS. I play lots and lots of VS.

    BTW, FMA is on right now...

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/15/2006 11:31:00 PM  

  • eh - i've seen every episode

    *yawn*

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/15/2006 11:55:00 PM  

  • Does that make you a bigger or lesser loser than me?

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/15/2006 11:58:00 PM  

  • not sure

    if it helps procrastination played a key role in my watching it

    you're just watching for the hell of it and have no idea what's going on

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/15/2006 11:59:00 PM  

  • I'm not actually watching because I have 5 browser windows open. I have no idea what's going on because I think it is stupid. Take that.

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/16/2006 12:03:00 AM  

  • i watched it in japanese, and actually picked up a couple words

    therefore i feel it was continued edjucation.

    arigato (spl?)

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/16/2006 12:05:00 AM  

  • ... How the fuck do YOU know what happened if it was in Japanese?

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/16/2006 12:06:00 AM  

  • subtitles my dear watson

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/16/2006 12:08:00 AM  

  • So you didn't watch, you read.

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/16/2006 12:12:00 AM  

  • i can multi task

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/16/2006 12:16:00 AM  

  • Suuuuuure you can. How did all this get moved to my blog, btw?

    Gonna have to warm up the delete here in a while...

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/16/2006 12:20:00 AM  

  • delete schmelete, you would delete our initial BOND?!

    typical man...

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/16/2006 09:32:00 AM  

  • Just making sure there's no record for when you recycle me, otherwise it might be a turnoff...

    That was soooo wrong... I AM a bad person...

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/16/2006 01:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home