... making an omelette

Sunday, April 02, 2006

set spring to on -

I don't know if any of you people believe in a supreme being, but it's like one woke up this morning and said "SHIT, I overslept a week!" and flipped the "spring" switch to on.

I live in the middle of the woods, so there's all kinds of bugs and plants and things around here, and today was crazy. All of a sudden there were butterfiles, bees, birds, grasshoppers, dandelions. Literally, yesterday nothing, now BAM!! Bugs everywhere. I'm highly fascinated by the butterflies. See:

I planted a row of fruit trees, cherry and pear:


The butterflies really like the cherries:



They also like the dandelions:


The bees like the dandelions too:

I don't like the bees much. For some reason they LOOOOOVE me. I get stung and it takes me a few minutes to figure out what happened. I'm like, "What's that sensation...? Oh, yeah, THAT'S PAIN!!!! [shriek]"

Did you know that dandelions sort of close at night?
I think I knew, but I'm not sure.

The strangest thing is that you can actually see things changing. My pears have all sorts of different types of stages going on, and from one day to the next you can see the buds open, close, fall off, leaves open, etc. I am truly fascinated.

6 Comments:

  • Feminine.

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/16/2006 12:12:00 AM  

  • Not feminine. They have a probiscus (that may turn you on, floozie) and they carefully go from flower to flower. They've been biologically similar for eons. Epochs even. We haven't even been similar for 10,000 years yet.

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/16/2006 12:14:00 AM  

  • put up a big tarantula - not feminine

    that = cool

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/16/2006 12:15:00 AM  

  • I don't like spiders much. I have to check my bed for them because I'm irrational and we have black widows and brown recluses.

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/16/2006 12:19:00 AM  

  • fine.

    they hairy big ones are cool, hell even the hairy little ones are cool

    I don't freak out easily over bugs, but those get me every time.

    Especially when they jump

    EEK!

    By Blogger Nic, at 4/16/2006 05:41:00 AM  

  • How about the poisonous ones, and the ones that cause body parts to rot and fall off when they bite you. Ick.

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 4/16/2006 01:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home