... making an omelette

Monday, October 22, 2007

R.I.P. Lance Hahn

This post is dedicated to everyone who doesn't know about the brilliant, prolific,
and frankly, decent guy of a musician we just lost. Condolences to his partner,
his family, his friends, and the scene. I met him a few times, and I used to irritate
him by yelling for him to play old songs each time I saw J-Church play. He would
yell back: "We have a NEW album, with NEW music." I'm not sure they could
remember how to play the old stuff - they wrote SOOOOO much.

Here's to old music.


There's no use in pointing at the sky.
There's no use because we're all going to die.
There's no use in telling me because I won't live down on my knees.
There's no use believing lies.
Why are you so condescending?
Why go through life just pretending?
Why base your choices all on fate?
I won't wait, won't hesitate.
I don't think that it's even worth mentioning.
Won't tell you what to think.
Won't tell you what to do.
Won't tell you what to believe.
I don't know what you want.
Don't know what you'll get.
Don't know what you'll see.
I believe in this.
I believe in that.
I believe a lot of things.
I guess it's inside.
I wouldn't call it pride.
I don't know what
tomorrow brings.
I don't believe in God above or the devil below.
I don't believe I'll need some proof before I go.
I don't believe that sin is how, that time is now.
I don't believe in any of your sacred cows.
Sometimes I can't find the strength inside.
Sometimes I just want to hide.
Sometimes I need it to survive.
Sometimes it's all a petty lie.
"Blasphemous"
Cringer
Greatest Hits: Volume 1

http://gilman.duckpond.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=277
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/46561-j-churchs-lance-hahn-rip

1 Comments:

  • Sorry for your loss. There are only few artists who stand out to one between the dozen. To old music.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2007 01:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home