... making an omelette

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Breakfast at my parents' house...

So... went to my parents house. This morning my mom made whole-grain pancakes with soy milk (if you're ever constipated, I got a suggestion...). One meal, three people, four languages. I kid you not. We had English, we had French, we had Hebrew, we had, at one point, my dad singing Italian opera. Pancakes = opera? I kid you not. My family is abnormal.

It's been a rough week for me. I'd have to fill in on recent events for this to make total sense, but the short part is that PCG informed me at one point that she got back together with the boyfriend she dumped because he failed to mention he had what we'll call a "loathsome social disease" in the common-law sense until AFTER they'd had sex several times. Am I missing something here? How does one cure THAT omission? Anyway, she's happy... which is an unmentionably rare event. I'm ambivalent. I behaved myself and avoided pointing out that he STILL HAS A FUCKING STD that he FAILED TO MENTION!!! She's talking about moving in with the guy (that's a loooong fucking move) and having kids and crap. I counseled she might want to slow down a bit. I question my own impartiality.

AT, who I may never have mentioned, called me. She just likes to whine a lot. I don't mind much, but it's usually simple crap that I would either overlook or resolve in 25 seconds and move on. She'll call me every day for a week, and then suddenly nothing for a month. It's a good thing I like her, or I'd lambast her.

Putting in another floor. Never do home-improvement when you're angry... There's one board that was misshapen, and I didn't notice it until I got two rows past. There's a damn gap. Not huge, but it's about 6 inches long and 1/8 inch wide. Pisses me off. Eh. Adds character (?).

Where is everybody? Nic hates me, which is alternately saddening, infuriating, and frustrating (she ignores my comments on her new blog, which is really immature). I'm single-handedly the reason she enabled comment moderation... Caro isn't around, PB is AWOL, tirelaw prefers to pick on me in person, his wife is a lurker, and the rest of my pals just evaporated. May be time to go surfing blogger again.

Somebody entertain me already.

3 Comments:

  • i'm sort of around.
    lurking.
    behind the bushes.

    By Blogger Caro, at 7/19/2007 07:05:00 PM  

  • There's a lot of bushes around here...

    I refuse to ever look at Nic's site again, so I don't see much of your lurking.

    PCG and I didn't fight. It went surprisingly well. I actually made her happy-cry before telling her to take care of herself and that sargeant STD is bad news. Then my phone was dying just as she was cornering me on all the "care" questions. I have no idea how I managed to pull all that off. I have to blog about it. I have to make some sense of it first...

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 7/20/2007 11:16:00 PM  

  • Still alive...

    Nic has a new blog?

    By Blogger PinkBunny, at 9/30/2007 03:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home