... making an omelette

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lupus and PMS -- how can you get better excuse than that?

I really should be finishing my work, but I need down time.

So, earlier this week I text-messaged PCG. It was much less complicated at the time, a no-brainer. We have this thing where she tells me to behave (been going on off and on for almost 12 years now, and it actually seems to help), and I was about to talk to the big boss at work and told her I needed to be told to behave. She told me to behave and that she would call me Sunday. I was at work today, and got some, but not enough done. I left to hang out with my friend's kids. I was swinging them in the air and dropping them on a couch when she called. It was surreal. She was all cheery. I was like, "do you remember the last time we talked -- you hung up on me, then left me a message?" She said she can't remember. I told her we needed to have a "Serious Talk," but I had a two year old screaming my name over and over and a five year old running around me in circles. We're supposed to talk tomorrow.

So, here's my problem. I have no idea how to approach this. I'm not sure I believe she doesn't remember, but how convenient a set of excuses (she didn't specify, but I asked her about hormones etc. and was told she didn't know). Psychotic event maybe? Anyway, it doesn't matter if she can or can't remember. What matters is, I'm a bit tired of this.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home