... making an omelette

Friday, August 11, 2006

"Don't keep eating that one over and over... Eat this one"

I was eating with my friend and his two young sons, and I actually heard the phrase: "Don't keep eating that one over and over... Eat this one." The two year old was eating bits of steak (yuk) and he started putting them in a small cup of coke. Then he would chew on the steak, spit it out, put it back in the coke and chew it again. Finally his father said the aforementioned. I was amused. We were playing the chimpanzee smile game, and I was eating boca burgers with mashed potatoes, so we ended up trying to show as much food as possible. I lost. He cheated by wearing his.

The elder son and I continued our conversation about reading and spelling. I told him to spell my name, and he said he couldn't because he was eating. I took issue with that.

It's been a rough couple of weeks. As usual, my friend's kids saved my life. Kids are cool. Especially when you can come and hang out with them when you want to, and don't have to change diapers (often).

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home