... making an omelette

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Showing corporate America the back of my hand... and getting away with it!!

[I will probably edit this post at least once. I just want to get it up here tonight.]

Well, today my blackberry and I had an amusing adventure...

I was working on my homestudy class (bad call), and I got a broadcast email from one of the partners in some other office of my firm. He needed some research for a rapidly impending trial. I've never met this guy. I'm pretty sure he was one of the few who didn't want me around (he's conservative, I'm slightly to the left of Karl Marx). I responded to a quasi-criminal question of his last week, and he emailed me back a joke as thanks, to which I replied with a joke going ... a bit too far with his joke.

So I know something about this particular issue, and I send a response (which when you have big hands, is hard on a small blackberry keyboard). He wrote back something sort of dismissive, so I did a little research on the blackberry -- which is pretty cool to be able to do in public -- and then I said "screw it" and went to work.

In typical GH fashion, I researched the issue(s), gave a little memo, and included in it some snyde cynical crap - why work on Saturday if you can't have fun? The partner emailed it on to the co-counsel, who basically offered me a job in response - presumably as a joke. The partner jokingly told me not to take the job. I told him I couldn't because I'm "too dumb and lazy to take another bar exam."

No response yet...

It's good to be good.

It's pretty uppity and gimicky, but my blackberry is becoming my vigilant sidekick... My Robin, my Bucky, my Arthur, my Speedy, my ... is it Pen, or Teller? Whatever...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home