... making an omelette

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Adventures in clubbing...

I am not a clubber. I'm not even a socializer. I like to be mostly alone, most of the time. I have a friend who's having a 30-something crisis, and he is searching for a girlfriend and a meaning in life. SOOOOO, for no good reason we went to this club, and sat around for three hours drinking beer. It was pretty boring.

At one point I went to the bathroom, and while in line some guy asked if I was in the army. I said no. He asked if I was in the Marine Corps. I said no. He asked what branch of the service I am in. I told him none. He showed me a USMC tattoo on his chest and said, "Me either... I can't even tell my dad." I was like, "No, really, I'm not in the military." Bizarre.

Just before we left, some guy fell off a stool. Then, some girl got onto the stool and tried to spin it around while sitting on it. I told her "It would be a pain in the ass to have to scrape [her] head off the floor." So naturally, she introduced herself to me. She had some difficulty with my name, which is somewhat unusual "What's that short for?" "Is it short for something...?" Then we left. I told her to keep her head off the floor.

Afterwards we went to Denny's. There were a lot of drunk people. I saw a guy get bounced from Denny's for the first time in my life. It took 2 hours or so. There were drunk high school students (who were all talking about who performed fellatio with who), and drunk yuppies and ... lots of drunk people.

Not a particularly exciting evening. I'd rather have stayed home and watched the Lord of the Rings again, or gone out and played pool.

3 Comments:

  • A (fun?) story for you...

    Once I got dragged out for clubbing as a going away party for someone. I don't drink, so automatically it was horribly boring for me. It might have been more fun if I was only half-conscious. I sat around being bored and not amused all night. Then some guy got drunk and proposed to me, complete with the kneeling and the begging. It was pretty disastrous. It went on for about 10 minutes. He wouldn't let go of my hand and kept coming back to re-propose when people dragged him away.

    Needless to say, clubbing's not my thing.

    I wish it was though. Some people seem to have so much fun clubbing. I wish I knew what the hype was all about.

    By Blogger PinkBunny, at 8/21/2006 07:28:00 AM  

  • ...

    ---

    *points finger*

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

    By Blogger Nic, at 8/21/2006 05:40:00 PM  

  • What was that for. There's that preternatural playfulness again...

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 8/21/2006 05:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home