... making an omelette

Monday, March 12, 2007

305

Today I benched 305. Cleaned it once, got (literally) a 1 finger tap at the bevel point on 2, and my spot did an upright row on 3 [ :-) ] -- but I did the negative. 3 seemed to be the number for me today... 3 at 305, 3 at 295 (twice), 3 at 275 (twice) -- then 245 and 185, which had nothing to do with 3. This would have been a baaaaad day to piss me off. Luckily, I spent most of the afternoon destroying a room of my house, so there was no one around for me to vent my testosterone on, and I had a constructive (destructive? Constructively destructive?) outlet for it.

Incidentally, I go to a gym down the street from a college with a very large female population. I need to nail down the parameters of "dirty old man"-dom...

6 Comments:

  • how's the shoulder feel? Any pangs?

    p.s. dirty old man = anything below... a VERY MATURE 23, maybe 24

    women tend to think they're grown up by then (all of them except me that is)

    By Blogger Nic, at 3/13/2007 07:03:00 AM  

  • Shoulder is tight, but both shoulders are tight. Especially now, in the cold the day after. I've been worse. Pain is good, lets me know I'm alive. Punish your machine.

    BTW, "Give it" by Helmet off the album "Meantime" (ooooold album)is the greatest weightlifting song ever. The speed is methodical, sort of standard early 90's wall of sound, and the lyrics actually start with "Killing hurts, has to be done. Peace and love, who's number one?" Sing THAT in public before pushing crazy weight around... Everyone in that gym thinks I'm crazy.

    First of all, doesn't domandom have to do with comparative age and maturity? Who cares if THEY think they're mature if I read comic books and play with tiny plastic people? I'm, like, 16 emotionally, right? THAT would be gross, but I don't know that 19 would be any more than ookie. Very, very ookie, and I would never even consider it, which is why this is an amusing musing. I think the bigger issue is the experiential one. Not unlike you and this navy guy, who I predict is not going to take things well when you explain to him that the moment is passed. How do I have a conversation with someone whose biggest concern is finals when I've been the only thing between someone else and life in prison?

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 3/13/2007 08:11:00 AM  

  • ...are you still talking to PCG

    By Blogger Nic, at 3/13/2007 02:38:00 PM  

  • Do we have to have this conversation on my blog? Especially under this particular post? You may ultimately have to define "you," "still," "talking," "to," and "PCG."

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 3/13/2007 04:15:00 PM  

  • elaboration necessary. who is PCG?

    By Blogger Caro, at 3/13/2007 05:47:00 PM  

  • Yer mom.

    By Blogger Galactichero, at 3/13/2007 07:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home