... making an omelette

Friday, November 24, 2006

"Up, please"

So, for his 2d birthday my friend's youngest son has learned the word "please," which, at the age of 30, I have still not mastered. Interestingly, the favorite past-time in that household, for both the 2 yo and the 5 yo, is to be carried around on my shoulders, and thrown into the air, and thrown onto the couch. The 5 year old is pretty vocal and descriptive in his demands to be "thrown in the air," "thrown up high," and "thrown at the couch." The 2 yo just says "Up." When I say "No up." he says "Up, please." If I say no again, he whines a lot.

I like to do a toothy chimpanzee smile with my lips pulled back in a sort of grimace. The 2 yo and I can do that for hours. I am such a bad influence.

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home