... making an omelette

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Old news, but should be amusing...

A few weeks ago one of the support staff at my office quit -- for all the obvious reasons. When she was leaving we all went out to get a drink, and that went on for a while. She spent the whole time hitting on me which was slightly creepy because she is married.

In the end there were three of us, me, her, and one other person. I got a call from a friend to go and hang out, and so I invited the other two to come. The one who hadn't been hitting on me said she was going to go to meet with others from the office elsewhere, and the married one who had been hitting on me said she wanted to come. I was like "... uh... I was kidding." She got all offended, so I capitulated. She followed me to the place we were hanging out, and watched us while we played pool (she refused to play, but sat and bitched about various things the whole time). My friend was going to go ask this one particular girl we see there often out, and she kept going on and on about how cute this girl was. Finally, I told her to shut up, because she was dangerously close to talking my friend off. He went to go do his thing (down in flames), and I explained why I told her to shut up. I made her cry. I refused the bait, but my friend came back and did the sensitive guy thing. Wah wah.

Later that night, I got an email: "It was fun. We should do it again some time." I responded: "Yeah, next time without the crying."

That story is a lot less entertaining after the editing to remove identifying information. Oh well...

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home