... making an omelette

Thursday, May 31, 2007

[Brief Chest-Thumping Interlude]

So, I can call the shoulder fully healed...

Tonight I went to the gym to run my 3.13 miles, and since the machines were taken, I did a little benching. No time to warm up, not sure how many sets I'd get it, I started with my working weight, 225 lbs. This just happens to be the NFL combine bench-press weight.

Now, as an aside, if you're in the gym and you see someone working out and they're struggling without a spot, you step up and spot. You don't ask, you don't talk to them, you just step up and do it. I don't even take out my headphones. So I did that for the guy on the bench next to me, who did 3 reps at 265, and probably was very impressed with himself. Presumably as payback, he stepped behind the bench when I posted the 225. He stepped away at rep 8. I pressed out 16.

That's pretty good. 16 reps at 225? Yeah, pretty good for a 31 y/o attorney.

So, feeling good about myself, I did 3 more sets because the machine was still taken. Then I dropped to 185 and did burn outs. Bring the bar down slow and throw it up as fast as you can. With 185 lbs.

So, as I said, the shoulder is fine...

I'm not really this much of a meathead, but it's the only thing anyone might find fascinating in my life at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home